view externally: add .html to file name

Katsumi Yamaoka yamaoka @ jpl.org
2003年 10月 28日 (火) 20:51:18 JST

Hi,

> When asking mozilla to view a html mime portion, gnus makes
> /tmp/emm.663-Ak/mm.663LLq
> however one must add an .html to that filename if mozilla is to render
> it as html--- in the case that there is no <html> in the document.
> Yes, perfect html mime portions don't need .html added to the filename.

We need to improve the mm-make-temp-file function so that it
accepts the 3rd argument SUFFIX for ".html".  It requires the
write-region function which accepts `excl' as the 7th argument
for the complete exclusion control, however neither XEmacs nor
Emacs 20 supports it.  On the other hand, there is an example
which solved it in APEL very skillfully:

ftp://ftp.m17n.org/pub/mule/apel/apel-10.6.tar.gz  (see poe.el)

I feel implementing it conflicts with the Gnus development being
frozen since that is not a small code and it will be necessary
to verify it on all platforms.

Regards,
--
Katsumi Yamaoka <yamaoka @ jpl.org>