APEL 10.6 on Carbon Emacs 22.0.50.1

Katsumi Yamaoka yamaoka at jpl.org
Fri Sep 16 16:07:04 JST 2005

> Attempting to set up APEL 10.6 under Carbon Emacs 22.0.50.1 yields an
> error during pces-20.el.  In the evaluation of

> (broken-facility insert-file-contents-literally-treats-file-name-handler
>   ...)

> we get a lisp wrong-type-argument error.  I'll copy the first few lines
> of the backtrace at the end of this message.

I reported it to the emacs-pretest-bug list in May and RMS fixed
it as follows:

2005-05-13  Richard M. Stallman  <rms at gnu.org>

	* fileio.c (Ffind_file_name_handler): Handle lambda-exp as handler.

If you don't want to (or cannot) upgrade your Emacs, you can use
the following patch to pces-20.el instead.