Why are you using my last name?

Katsumi Yamaoka yamaoka at jpl.org
Tue Dec 10 09:38:57 JST 2002

Dear sir,

I could not see what you really mean.  As far as I know, a
copyright does not apply to an individual last name.  By the law
of Japan, the target of a copyright is roughly an artistic
creation or a scientific creation.

The name APEL that we use stands for A Portable Emacs Library,
which is a collection of Emacs-Lisp utility softwares.  We
assert the copyright of the programs.  It is merely accidental
that the name matches with many family names or project names.

Please let us know the real intention in which you sent that
message.  In addition, we wish for what is written in simple
English, since we all are not native English speakers.

Regards,

--
Katsumi Yamaoka <yamaoka at jpl.org>